The Mercymount Country Day School Parent Association Committee serves as a consultative body to the principal of Mercymount Country Day School. The Parent Association serves the school in a number of capacities, these include:
- Creating a bond of unity among parents, faculty and students.
- Assisting the faculty and principal of the Mercymount community in fulfilling its mission.
- Supporting all programs (spiritual, academic and extracurricular) and encouraging participation by members of the student body.
- Creating and maintaining sound public opinion of Mercymount and promoting cooperation in, and good will towards, its general welfare.
- Assisting Mercymount to attain its financial goals through fund-raising.
The Parent Association members look forward to working with you and your families to advance our schools mission and ensure our students are provided an outstanding academic, spiritual, and social school experience!
Our 2021-2022 MCDS PA Committee Members
George Stansfield & Julie Parkes
|Host Family||Jenny Collins, Kristen Mallinson, Colleen DiPetrillo, Kimberly Cornwell|
|Hospitality||Moira Gerrish, Lynne Rubenstein|
|Socials||Jamie Sims, Colleen DiPetrillo, Melissa Titov|
|Advancement||Michelle Favaloro, George Stansfield, Julie Parkes|
|Parent Federation||Christen Magill|
The Parent Association plays and important role in many school events and activities throughout the year. Parent Association meetings are held monthly at 6:30pm in the Cafeteria on either the 3rd or 4th Tuesday of every month. We welcome all parents to attend our monthly meeting and contribute to the advancement of our school and community.
Parent Association Activities
There are many Parent Association initiatives and activities to become involved in that enhance the overall experience for our students and school community. Below is a small sampling of these events for which the Parent Association plays an active role in facilitating throughout the year.
- School Open Houses
- Enrichment Programs
- Family Socials
- Catholic School's Week
- Parent/Student Events
- Teacher Appreciation Week