- To be faithful to the mission of the Religious Sisters of Mercy and to Catholic educational traditions and to the spirit and charism of Venerable Catherine McAuley.
- To strive to ensure the development of strong academic skills, creative abilities, a sense of community and of social responsibility.
- To create a bond of unity among parents, faculty and students.
- To assist the faculty and the principal of the Mercymount community in fulfilling its mission.
- To support all programs (spiritual, academic and extracurricular) and to encourage participation by the members of the student body.
- To create and maintain sound public opinion of Mercymount and promote cooperation in and good will toward its general welfare.
- To assist Mercymount to attain its financial goals through fundraising.
The Parent Association members look forward to working with you and your families to advance our schools mission and ensure our students are provided an outstanding academic, spiritual, and social school experience!
Our 2023-2024 MCDS PA Committee Members
|Sports||Eric Amaral & Bruce Thibodeau|
|Sunshine||Amanda Palermo & Melissa Schofield|
|Host Family||Hayley Kenney & Shelly Gambogi|
|Hospitality||Moira Gerrish & Shelly Gambogi|
|Socials||Shadia Velez & Sandy Shackford Houle|
|Advancement||Michelle Favaloro & Kristen Mallinson|
|Parent Federation||Christen Magill|
The Parent Association plays and important role in many school events and activities throughout the year. Parent Association meetings are held monthly at 6:30pm in the Cafeteria on either the 3rd or 4th Tuesday of every month. We welcome all parents to attend our monthly meeting and contribute to the advancement of our school and community.
Parent Association Activities
There are many Parent Association initiatives and activities to become involved in that enhance the overall experience for our students and school community. Below is a small sampling of these events for which the Parent Association plays an active role in facilitating throughout the year.
- School Open Houses
- Enrichment Programs
- Family Socials
- Catholic School's Week
- Parent/Student Events
- Teacher Appreciation Week