Many of us recognize and are grateful for the gifts of family, faith, and community. In fact, in the midst of a pandemic and a socio-political climate that magnifies our differences, appreciation for these gifts have grown. This time in history has only intensified our resolve to live Mercymount’s mission which “ensures the development of strong academic skills, nurtures creative abilities, creates a sense of community and promotes social responsibility.” Learning just how deeply connected we are, we celebrate our differences and, more than ever before, “affirm that each child is a unique gift of a loving God, open to God’s presence in others and in all creation.” Catherine McAuley’s words that “our center is God from whom all our actions should spring, and no action should separate us from God,” are being realized in our community. With our hearts centered in God, we go forward.
We go forward having learned the depth and breadth of our community which consists of:
- Our staff and faculty, who are consummate professionals that are incomparably committed to Mercymount’s students;
- Our parent and alumni community, who are involved and invested in our students’ education and Mercymount’s success; and
- Our students, who are at the center of our community as they learn and grow to be faithful, as well as successful academically, creatively, and socially responsible.
We go forward recognizing that we continue to build on our legacy of excellence. This year, we will continue to:
- Deepen our determination to keep our hearts centered in God and become ever more faithful to the values of our Catholic faith tradition;
- Enhance our teachers and students use of technology through adding an iMac lab for our older students, some additional chrome books for all students, as well as software programs that facilitate engaged learning and critical thinking;
- Empower our students to be confident, collaborative leaders who are responsible and moral decision makers through our STREAM curriculum and project-based learning; and
- Strive to be recognized as the safe, welcoming, nurturing, academically challenging and student engaging school of excellence that we are.
Undoubtedly, our recent challenges helped us to reflect upon and recommit ourselves to what is most important. The importance of an excellent education in an atmosphere that deepens, enhances, empowers and always strives for more has never been more evident. At Mercymount, we provide such an education in a loving and nurturing environment. Can we count on your generous support in this important mission? Your willingness to partner with us makes all the difference. We cannot do this important work without you.
Thank you for considering a year-end tax-deductible donation to Mercymount Country Day School.
Sr. Rayleen A. Giannotti, RSM
“We have one solid comfort amidst this tripping about, our hearts can always be in the same place, centered in God, for whom alone we go forward or stay back.” Catherine McAuley